Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Scarlet Fever

Every hair color has its perks. Blondes are noticed first, red heads get looked at the longest and a recent poll revealed that men would rather wake up next to a brunette than a blonde. I've been every color in the book and I have to say red is my favorite shade to rock. The likes of Scarlett Johansson, Drew Barrymore and Rihanna all love to sport faux crimson locks.





I've been experimenting with red for a few years now so I thought I would share my thoughts on the dyes I've used to fake the fiery hugh. 



Super Drug Colour Vibrance

The Dye

The Results (over light brown hair)

The first time I every died my hair red was when I was in London. I used Super Drug Colour Vibrance in Hot Red. I think they stopped making the exact color I originally bought, which is a shame because it is my favorite dye I've used thus far.  



Manic Panic 
The Dye
The Results (over blonde hair)
The second dye I tried is Manic Panic in Rock n Roll red. This is my consistent favorite for US brands. You can see a demonstration of me using it here. In the video I used it over blonde hair which yielded much brighter results than what I typically go for, so I dyed it to brown a couple days later, and then went back over it with the manic panic after the brown dye faded a bit. You can see what it looks like in my most recent videos.  


Special Effects

The Dye


The Results (over medium brown hair)
The next dye I tried is Special Effects in Hot Lava. Even though I have heard great thing about this dye, it has been my least favorite so far. The consistency and packaging is difficult to work with and it takes forever to rinse out. I liked the results, but I don't think the hassle during application is worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment