Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Best and Worst of Winter 2012 Fashion

The Trend I Love: Sparkle and Shine

Ok, so maybe it's the competition dancer in me, but I'm obsessed with all things sparkly this winter. Sequins and glitter are everywhere and I'm absolutely lovin' it.
Here are some of my top picks of the trend to incorporate into your wardrobe this season:



The Shiny Sweater.
I love this because while it's definitely a statement piece, it still manages to come off as casual and effortless because of its comfy, slouchy shape. You can find this sweater at Zara.



The Sequined Dress.
This is definitely one for the more adventurous, but I think if you keep the rest of the styling simple almost any one could pull it off. If you are concerned about it being a bit too much you can opt for a sequined mini or top instead. You can find this at Arden B.


The Show Stopping Pump.
After much hemming and hawing I broke down and bought these bad boys. I couldn't resist. The combination of the gold glitter and fishnet over lay makes for a perfect mixture of feminine and edgy. I've worn these so much my other shoes are getting jealous. It's not just love, it's an unhealthy obsession. You can get these (seriously get them) at Steve Madden.




The Trend I Love to Hate: Fur









Ok, so is it just me or are these photos pretty much identical? I get that a lot of people are loving fur this winter, but I simply cannot jump on the bandwagon, especially the fur vests that everyone seems to be wearing. It does absolutely nothing for you and makes you look like you're wearing your neighbors boarder collie on your torso. Leave this one to Rachel Zoe.

Click here to find some animal and fur inspired pieces I'm a fan of :)

No comments:

Post a Comment