Friday, May 4, 2012

My Top Three Spring Fashion Trends

Tribal Print Shoes


It's spring which means it's time to whip out those wedges, and hey add some fun tribal print to the mix while your at it.  I was out shopping the other day and these immediately caught my eye. I'm generally not into bright colors, (the whole neon trend right now is just not my thing). However, I could see myself adding these to my collection to pep up my mostly neutral wardrobe. You can find these at Steve Madden.

Color Blocking



Ok, so I know I said I don't really like color, but if I'm going to take the plunge color blocking is the way to go. I think when done correctly, it gives a refreshingly crisp look to wearing multiple colors. The great thing about this blazer is that you can dress it up or down. I picked up this boyfriend blazer from Urban Outfitters a month ago to wear to interviews, but as shown it can also be casual and relaxed. 

Hi-Lo 


The hi-lo trend is hot this spring, whether it be a dress, skirt or top, hi-lo is the way to go. Ok that was incredibly corny, but it came to me so I went with it. I happen to really like this trend because standing at 5'5 sometimes maxi dresses can be a bit hard to pull off without looking dwarfed, and the hi-lo dress is the perfect way to achieve the same summery-bohemian feel without feeling like I lost 5 inches off my height. You can find this dress at modcloth.com
Fun Fact: in Australia they call these mullet dresses. 

1 comment:

  1. love this post so helpful!!

    http://missmarissfashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete